Today’s poetry topic idea is heat. Depending on which hemisphere a person lives in, there might be quite a large amount of heat where a person lives this time of year. As time is spent in this heat, many poetry topic ideas can come. A poet could think to write about:
- The physical stress of being in the heat.
- The relief that would be felt being in the cold.
- The effect of the heat on plants.
- The effect of the heat on animals
- The effect of the heat on water.
- A physical description of how the place is in the heat.
- The desire for water.