This photograph shows a plant that is living on one side and dying on the other. There are many ways this can inspire poetry. A poet could write about:
- A person who puts on a happy public face, but in private is experiencing something painful.
- A person who was well on one day, and diagnosed with a disease on the next.
- An object that was in good condition one day, and destroyed the next (for example a house that burned down).
- Flowers at a grave.
- Something in a person dying. It could be seen as negative, such as the hope a person has dying, or it could be positive, such as an addiction a person has dying.
- Life and death generally.