Today’s poetry topic idea is free will. This is a rather philosophical concept, which might make it good for poetry.
A poet could examine different aspects of free will through poetry. A poet could write about things such as:
- Destiny and the idea of the lack of free will.
- The idea that actions are the result of inputs. For example, a person exhibits some behavior because of their environment or heredity.
- The idea that free will exists in a complete sense and that a person is both creditable and responsible for their successes and failures.
- The idea that free will is either a reality or only something that is perceived.
- The implications of free will existing or not.
- The idea that minute things can have larger implications in actions. For example, the idea that the temperature might be one degree higher or lower than otherwise, and that that might influence behavior.
- The idea of social conditioning and its effect on actions.
A poet could examine the ideas in a large scale, or apply them to certain specific situations.