Today’s poetry topic idea is birthdays. Birthdays are a very special day where a person is given extra positive attention, at least theoretically. Birthdays can also turn out to be not so good.
In yesterday’s post, there was a poem about a not so good birthday. Other examples that might be used in poetry might be birthdays where:
- no one comes to a person’s party
- a person is a victim of a practical joke on their birthday by their supposed friends
- a person is a victim of a crime or other significant negative event on their birthday
- a person experiences some kind of social drama on their birthday. For example, a person they don’t like shows up at their party or they get something that looks like a gift, but is really something meant to hurt their feelings.
Looking at birthdays that fulfill their positive potential, a poet could write about:
- a person who was cured of an illness getting to another birthday
- a birthday where a person is actually given extra positive attention all day
- a birthday where a person gets a gift that brings them to tears of joy
- a birthday where a person does something they always wanted to do