Today’s poetry topic idea is escaping. There are different ways to apply the idea of escaping in a poem. A person could write about:
- A person escaping something harsh, like captivity.
- A person escaping something mundane, like a boring meeting.
- The idea of a vacation as an escape.
- Escaping in a light fashion, like someone escaping from a date that isn’t going well.
- Escaping from different points of view, such as the person escaping or a person who might not want that person to escape (e.g. a prisoner and a prison guard).
- Escaping metaphorically, like a person escaping a way of thinking.