Today’s poetry topic idea is dream. A dream can be different things. It could be an aspiration (e.g. a person dreams of owning their own business), it could be a fantasy (e.g. a person dreams of living on another planet), it could be a story imagined during the day (i.e. a daydream) and it could be something a person subconsciously imagines at night.
Some poetry ideas using dream might be where a poet writes a poem:
- About a dream (as in the kind at night) that they had.
- In the style of a night dream, using imagery and symbolism.
- About their dream (as in aspiration).
- About an unrealistic dream (a fantasy aspiration).
- About a daydream. They could connect it or contrast it to reality.