Today’s poetry topic idea is hunger. Here are some ways to use it in poetry:
- A poet could write about a momentary hunger for food. Think of an experience where a person misses a meal. Think of the sensation of hunger they might feel. This could be used in poetry.
- As an alternative, a poet could write about a sustained hunger for food. Think of a person living in poverty, who might only get one meal a day, or every other day.
- In another idea, a person could write about someone who is hungry in association with a purpose. For example, think of someone on a hunger strike.
- A person might also write about hunger associated with an eating disorder.
- Hunger could also be used metaphorically in poetry. A person could hunger for many things other than food. A poet could write about those.
Here is a humorous example poem using hunger:
M. Sakran is hungry,
(oh … remember the Scotch egg from yesterday)
but will not have breakfast,
until this post is done.
Oh why isn’t the post done yet?!