Above is an artwork of a meal. A meal can be art. The meal is couscous with garbanzo beans, peppers, mushrooms and bok choy. Additional ingredients include vegetable oil, salt, red pepper flakes, dried dill and water.
The meal was prepared by sautéing the peppers, mushrooms and bok choy in the vegetable oil along with the salt, red pepper flakes and dried dill. Partway through the cooking, the garbanzo beans were added. When all that was near done, the couscous was stirred in and then water was added. The pan everything was in was covered and the couscous was allowed to steam in the water.
This artwork can inspire poetry. Here are some ideas:
- The meal is vegan. A poet could write about veganism.
- A poet could write about a dinner where this meal is served.
- A poet could write about the person eating this meal. They could explore why the person is eating it (e.g. health reasons) and describe the cooking.
- The meal is relatively inexpensive to make. A poet could write about cooking with a budget.
- There are lots of colors in the meal. A poet could be inspired by those colors and combinations and use them in symbolism in poetry.