The above artwork is of a snowman. The snowman is only a few inches high and is on concrete. The reason for this, is that the snowman was made in a place where it rarely ever snows and only received an inch or so of snow at the time the snowman was formed.
This artwork can inspire poetry. Some ideas include:
- A poet could write about the conditions under which this snowman was made – in a place that rarely receives snow and only received a little. A poet could write about how people might react to the unusual phenomenon. A poet might contrast this, with how people in places that receive a lot of snow feel about snow.
- This snowman is very small. It was made that way because of the limited amount of snow. A poet could apply this idea to the idea of making due. A poet could write about people in circumstances where they have to accomplish something with limited resources.
- This snowman is on concrete. A poet could write about the juxtaposition of those two things.
- A poet could contrast the situations of making a small snowman with that of making a large one.
- This snowman is temporary. A poet could apply this idea to many situations in life.