Today’s poetry topic idea is crying. The idea of crying can be worked into poetry in many different ways. A poet could write about:
- Crying from sadness. This is the most obvious idea. A poet could examine any number of sad situations and the crying that happens with them.
- Crying from happiness. This is somewhat of the opposite of the idea above. A poet could examine the idea of overwhelming emotion.
- Crying from pain. The idea here would be to examine crying that has a physical cause as opposed to an emotional one.
- Crying from laughter. Sometimes people laugh so hard they cry. This idea could be examined.
- Crying from fear. Sometimes people cry when they are scared of something. A poet could examine this idea.
- Crying from something in the eyes. The idea would be to examine the idea of tears flowing without emotion or necessarily pain (but maybe discomfort).
- Someone else crying. The above ideas might be applied to the poet. A poet might think of themselves crying from one of the causes. With this idea, a poet would write about observing someone else crying. They could look at the emotion felt seeing someone else experience emotion, pain, or discomfort.
Here is a poem using the idea of crying:
after the doctor spoke