Above is a photograph of a lemon flower. It can inspire poetry. A poet could write about:
- The future. This flower in the future may become a lemon. A poet could write about what something or someone might become in the future.
- Potential. This flower has the potential to become a lemon. A poet could write about a person or a thing that has potential.
- Aroma. This flower has a sweet aroma. A poet could write about scent and aroma. They could apply the idea to flowers, perfume, food, and other things.
- Temporariness. This flower is temporary. At some point the blossom will fade. A poet could apply this idea to many situations.
- Lemonade. This flower may turn into a lemon. That lemon may be turned into lemonade. A poet could write about this literally, metaphorically, or they could work with the expression about life giving a person lemons and that person making lemonade. They could apply the idea to making the best of a situation.
Here is an example poem: