Today’s poetry topic idea is isolation. In the current situation, isolation is something many people are experiencing. Because of this, it might be helpful to write poetry about it. A poet could write about:
- What it’s like to be isolated. What it’s like not to see other people.
- Not being able to go out. This could be related to human interactions or not being able to go places or get things.
- What it like to avoid people, for example when someone delivers something.
- Worrying about running out of things because they can’t be purchased or ordered.
- What will happen when isolation is over. A poet could write about the first things they want to do.
- The purpose of isolation.
Here is an example poem using the idea of isolation:
it’s almost like
a movie with magic
where the heroes find
that they can defeat the monster
only by being apart