Today’s poetry topic idea is measurement. There are a number of types of measurements a poet could write about. A poet could write about:
- Different categories of measurements. These include things like length, mass, volume, and time.
- Measurements a person might take of themselves. These could include weight, height, blood pressure, shoe size, and waist circumference.
- Health measurements. These could be things that might be measured in blood tests.
- Performance measurements. These could be things like grades, times in races, or employee review scores.
- Financial measurements. This could be something like a credit score.
- Social media measurements. These could be things like likes, follows, and views.
- Television ratings.
When looking at measurements, a poet could examine them from a number of different angles. For example, if a poet wrote about grades they could view them from different perspectives. They could write about grades from the point of view of the person designing the thing to be graded, the person grading the item, the person teaching the material to be graded, and the person being graded. They could look at the validity of grades as a measure of learning. They could look at different grading categories.
As an example, here is a poem that looks at the measurement grading:
To be placed,
in the above level class,
a score of ninety,