Above is an artwork of a foot holding a pen. It can inspire poetry. A poet could write about:
- A person with a disability who writes using their foot.
- Something being out of place (a pen might more commonly be in a hand, rather than a foot).
- A metaphor relating walking to expression.
- Feet, walking, or running.
- Travel (the pen with a foot being a metaphor for writing about a journey).
Here is an example poem:
Not knowing of his accident,
and not meaning to be cruel,
but being so,
she exclaimed as she saw what he wrote,
did you write this with your foot?”
P. S. If you like M. Sakran’s blog of and about poetry and poetry related things, follow the blog today.