Above is a photograph of a small lemon that dropped from a tree. The lemon is about the size of a penny. It was months away from being full size when it fell.
This photograph can inspire poetry. The general idea of something ending before it reaches its potential, could be applied to many different situations.
Here is an example poem that uses the idea:
they had three dates,
that went very well,
but she got the job offer,
and moved away
Above is a photograph of lemon blossoms. It can inspire poetry. Below are some ideas. A poet could write about:
- Potential. These blossoms have the potential to be open flowers and then have the potential to be fruit. A poet could write about the potential a person has.
- Purple, white and green. The colors of the blossoms are purple and white and the leaves are green. A poet could use these colors in a poem.
- General nature and flowers. A poet could write plants and flowers and other elements of nature that are inspired by this photograph.
- Closed. These blossoms are closed. A poet could write about things that are closed. They could write about a store, a room, a park or any number of things.
Here is a poem inspired by the photograph:
Arranged in rows,
with white ribbons,
for the day.
Above is a photograph of a lemon with snow on it. There are a number of poetry ideas that can come from this photograph. Some include:
- The photograph shows a contrast – there is a bright tasting fruit with cold snow. This idea could be applied to poetry. A poet might write a poem about two people, one who behaves brightly, and one who behaves coldly.
- There is the question of whether the snow will damage the fruit or the tree. The idea of unknown possible damage could be used in poetry. A poet could think of many situations where there is a sense of uncertainty about potential negative consequences.
- Some might look at this photograph and see hope. Despite the snow, there is the fruit. A poet could apply this idea of hope to different ideas.
- Some might look at this photograph and see despair. They might think it inevitable that the snow will damage the tree and fruit. This idea of despair could be applied to different ideas for poetry.
lemon stained fingers
house smells like citrus
a jar of lemon juice
Dedos manchó con limón
casa huele como cidro
un tarro de zumo de limón