Today’s poetry topic idea is sports. Sports is good topic to write about because there are so many different areas a poet could focus on. A poet could write about:
- Different sports. Some include: baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, rugby, cricket, archery, boxing, gymnastics, bob sledding, downhill skiing, sprinting, hurdling, medium distance running, long distance running, tennis, swimming, and diving.
- Winning and losing.
- Various social issues associated with sports. These include ideas such as gender, race, and economic status.
- Playing a sport.
- Watching sports.
- Discussing sports.
- Play by play announcing in sports. A poet could apply this idea to other things and give a play by play for them.
- Retiring from a sport.
- The change in sports over time.
- An invented sport. A poet could invent a sport and write poetry about it.
- Sports video games.
- Sports merchandise.
Here is an example poem using the idea of sports:
Loading saved game.
this only works,
in video games.